Write your child. It will make your day.
Letters encourage the children so much! Please take the time to write to your sponsored child today. Your letters will be their treasures for years to come. Please see below the letter writing guidelines.
Letter Writing Dos and Don’ts
DO (to benefit your child)
- Correspond at least once every three months with your sponsored child.
- Tell them about things you enjoy doing in your spare time.
- Tell them about your job, school and family.
- Share your walk with Christ with them.
- Share your dreams for your future.
- Tell them about your hobbies and interests.
- Tell them about interesting places you have visited.
- Include pictures of your family and about your life.
DON’T (to protect your child and yourself)
- Don’t send gifts. (A birthday and Christmas gift for your child is provided by the monthly sponsorship funds.)
- Don’t promise anything you can’t keep. This includes mentioning that you’d like to visit ‘sometime.’ To a lonely child this means you are coming in the next few weeks.
- Don’t make any type of suggestion that you may want to adopt them or bring them to the US.
- Don’t give personal mailing information or phone numbers for your privacy.
- Don’t share personal financial information with them.
Where do I send my handwritten letters?
For handwritten letters, please mail to: Global Hope – PO Box 1052 Broomfield, CO 80038-1052. Global Hope will translate your letter, if necessary, and ensure that it gets to your child.
You may also email letters to your child by sending them to Nancy Week at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all correspondences, please include your child’s full name and either reference number -or- location.
We're glad to hear from you and answer any questions you may have.
Working together, we can make a difference!